Saturday, November 8, 2008

kami-sama...
mein gott..
scheisse. ><


Yesterday was a long long long long fencing day.
It began with my losing to Daniel 3-5. But in any case the record still stands that I haven't beaten a guy in about five months.

Anyway moving on, we were late for Nam Hyun Hee's motivational talk (mostly in Korean but with a translator) by about half an hour. All because there was an accident (a taxi dented a BMW so lightly I couldn't see the damage at all) nearby, and people were stopping to look. The guy in the car beside us, who was overtaking us, drove really slowly to look at the carnage (none to speak of) and started clapping.

Never mind.

I don't remember much of the talk.
My brother and I then had four hours to do absolutely nothing before fencing clinic.
We raced to Novena, we ran back, we went to Popular, met Ryan, walked around aimlessly, went to Toys R Us, went to Tenchi, and basically lounged around doing absolutely nothing.

My brother got me One Piece Tankoubon 51 though, for which I'm happy ^^.

We ended up sitting in our fencing school doing absolutely nothing at about five-thirty, where the fencing teachers offered to transfer us from the 8pm class to the 6pm class. And we accepted.

The thing about Nam Hyun Hee is that... well, I'd imagined her taller, and much scarier. She's about as tall as my shoulder, and quite so very adorable ^____________^
And she had her hair in a half-ponytail, which generally doesn't add points on scariness, and she was wearing these glittery heart earrings in the perfect shade of pink.
BUT that's beside the point.

Damn, she lunges really far, and really low, and really fast.
We tried lunging to her level, but we couldn't get the speed or the distance.
She stayed in that position for about half a minute to a minute. I fell over ><
Later I could, but my legs threatened to fall off (they still are threatening at this point).
Korean people are generally smaller, so what they don't have in arm length (totally my thing) and height, they make up for with insane speed and leg power. And she has it.

And now everything from the waist down on my side hurts like crazy. Even sitting L-style drives me nuts.

After fencing clinic we went to eat at Swensen's. We had deep-fried mushrooms, my brother had a Mega Burger and I had a Spaghetti Bolognaise.
After eating about two-thirds of his burger he stopped and looked at the patty. It was reddish-pink inside, and he didn't feel good about it. He never feels good about uncooked meat, it's why he doesn't take steak, even if it's medium-well. (Once he got really mad at me because I'd taken his well-done sirloin steak and he'd taken my medium-well sirloin steak, even though we couldn't really tell the difference.)
He said, "WHY IS THE PATTY UNCOOKED?!?!?!"
"It's always that way with hamburger patties. Even the hamburger steak I ordered in Odaiba wasn't fully cooked."
"..."
"If it makes you feel any better, hamburger patties are made of minced beef, which can be from about a thousand different cows."
"...THAT DIDN'T MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER!" And he put it down and refused to eat the rest of it.
For dessert he had a scoop of Sticky Chewy Chocolate ice cream (not sticky, not chewy, not my thing) and I had a Frosted Chocolate Malt sundae. The sundae was huge. HUGE. Like huge goblet huge. And it had Chocolate Malt ice cream (IMO the best flavour in the Swensen's repertoire since their Cookies and Cream and their Butterscotch have failed me) with whipped cream and a chocolate-dipped wafer and lots and lots and lots of Maltesers. I couldn't have asked for more. I remember also, saying that if I got a sore throat, it'd be totally worth it. (I had one when I got up. But at this point, no.)

But now I'm confused. Is it riposte (ree-post) or riposte (ree-po-stay)?
...
oh well. Time to enjoy the last day of relaxation before the last day of studying, before the last day of exams, before HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 and AVENUE Q ^^.

No comments: