Thursday, January 29, 2009

Breaking Off - Last Moments

Dear friends, so long
Wasurenai kurikaesu deai no naka chiisana kizuato wo
Ryoute ni kakaeteru bokura samayou bakari
Kono hateshinai sekai wo mitsumeru tabibito yo
(Dear friends, so long
In those unforgettable encounters
We used both hands to hug our wounds, Wandering eternally
Attending that limited world, The travelers)

- Yesterday and Today, Do As Infinity

Many things have happened. Nearly all of them lead to the impending end, coming in a little less than eleven hours.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
I was in Johor, where I met my relatives. It was a very boring sojourn, and I spent a lot of time binging on prawn rolls and sleeping, mostly out of boredom after watching continuous games of Super Smash Brothers Brawl (to the people who witness them and actually enjoy the battles, you are sick, sick people). When I wasn't sleeping, I was playing with Ciel. The lack of wireless internet was irritating, and so all I could do was play with Ciel, which blossomed into a whole new pursuit in itself, as I began defacing pictures of people (Geneva) on GIMP. Eventually Samantha and my sister caught on, and they started drawing mushrooms and other strange things with Ciel. But mostly mushrooms.
I overdosed on cheese wedges at KFC. Besides the point.

MONDAY
I had my R.O.D with Jingna-sensei on the first day of Chinese New Year. I thought, before going there, that I was really going to cry, and that I really wouldn't be able to stop it if it did come. But I didn't cry, and I went out instead feeling truly blessed having her as my first sensei. And I am, indeed, truly blessed to have her as my first sensei.
Truth went off with Dad, but I didn't cry.

TUESDAY
I took down two of my eight posters. Great progress.
I went to the White House (as my mother calls it) and met my uncle and my cousins. I played with hamsters, a cat, and I ate seven Ferrero Rochers in one sitting, and I had a can of Sprite.
I also had dinner at McDonald's with Fedora (some Last Supper that was XD) and B40, and Fedora engaged in gratitious cam-whoring with my phone. I shall have much to entertain myself.

WEDNESDAY
Penelope, Prisia and Iman came over. Madness ensued. It was sadness that Penelope had to leave early, but at least she came ^^. Prisia and I played Guitar Hero, where she failed at the drums. XD
Then me, Prisia and Iman played Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2, where I pwned them at first, but they eventually caught up and owned me good. Then Iman left, and Prisia owned me some more, until we changed games to badminton and then had dinner. After dinner Worth played against Prisia and put her back in her place. When I played against Prisia after that, it pretty much invariably resulted in me winning using pure taijutsu. (None of us had time for the special ninjutsu so we madly mashed the taijutsu buttons.) But oh well. That ended too, and I walked with the unfortunately-high-heeled Prisia to the bus stop. (Prisia took off her heels halfway and walked barefooted because she couldn't take the pain. XD)
I finished taking down all my posters and doing most of the packing that night. Also I talked to the only other Cedarian going to Trinity College.

THURSDAY
I went to Waraku in Marina Square for lunch with my 1C/2C friend Xiao Jun. She had cha soba and sushi, and I had my standard katsu curry udon and soft shell crab temaki (neither of which contained vegetables, of course). We both had a calpis soda each. Calpis, for the uninitiated, is carbonated yoghurt water. Mine tasted like alcohol, and I appropriately felt a little drunk afterward.
Xiao Jun and I went to play Let's Go Jungle in the arcade, where we sadly lost at the boss monster. (I SURVIVED LONGER :D) I wanted to play Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix, but Team Ah Lian X (of which I know nothing of) owned both the first mix and second mix machines. Fail.
We also played Super Bishi Bashi Champion, and I won more games than her. XDDDDD But never mind.
We also went to watch Bride Wars, despite the fact that I don't normally do chick flicks. And (confession!) somewhere during the middle I conked for a wee bit.
I went off after that for my dental appointment. No details.
Earth bought me Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 1, and I bought One Piece 52 and three packets of Naruto stickers, still none of which so much as included anyone from the Chuunin exam arc. But at least I got a shiny Kakashi sticker and a Grass Village sticker.
After that I had my last meal in this place - plain rice with chicken and abalone soup. It tasted like Calpis soda, but that was probably just me and my inability to get over its flavour.

FRIDAY
I've finally finished properly packing. My room's bare, naked so to speak, and it's hard to believe this won't be my room anymore. It'll be my sister's room, and I honestly wonder what will happen to the rest of the things I leave behind here, though by God's grace and by my sister's kindness I trust everything I have will be safe and sound.
I feel truly blessed by everyone around me who's wished me all the best for my studies in Melbourne, truly blessed for everyone I've had to promise to keep in touch with, for every person who's told me to come bother them when I'm back on term breaks. For my CG, for the Insane Brigadiers, for all my other friends, for Sensei, for Naomi, ...this post is long enough as it is without me listing everyone who's taken the time to give me their regards.
"Are you ready for the future?" Dad asked Truth on Monday.
...I'm not ready. But I'll give my best. For all the people who want the best for me, I'll give my best.

No comments: