Sunday, January 4, 2009

Breaking Off -Talking About It

Each time you smile
It'll only last a while
Life may be scary
But it's only temporary
- For Now, Avenue Q

There are no pictures today, because where I went, there was either no time for me to take pictures, or I didn't have anything handy that would have taken a decent picture.
I got up at half past 12 today.
I had lunch and went to church, and after service I was pulled to the painful reality that I had only three and a half weeks left before I was to leave.
"We need to hold a proper farewell for you," said Fedora.
(If that happens I think I'll end up with shinier eyes than all the Sailor Scouts combined.)
After about half the church left and Fedora had gone off to talk to Ivan and another person from B40 (I can't remember who) and Boxue had his back turned, I attempted a gymnastic split. (It's much easier in church on my boots. The floor's smooth, and so are my boots.) This scared Hannah, but oh well. Lynn could, too, but her legs hurt after that. She was from Chinese Dance in primary school. Hmm. (Ten years of drama, and I didn't ever have to do that.)(Come to think of it I have quite a few friends previously from Chinese Dance. Interesting.)
Naomi thinks I'm crazy for doing that in church. (But I thought I was crazy before. ><)
I had dinner, then I went to pick up stuff from Shishou's assistant's house. It's heavy, but very beautiful, but I won't touch any of it because I have visions in my head that they crumble upon contact.
I can't wait for Shishou to come back ^^. But I still think it'll be hard for me to conclude my internship under her, it's been such a special experience to me.
I already have lyrics in mind for that day, but I don't want it to come any time soon. In Shishou's presence I feel like I can do something. Something good. Something that isn't heroic, but good.

No comments: