Thursday, January 1, 2009

Breaking Off - The Beginning of the End

Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will the memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

- Graduation (Friends Forever), Vitamin C

Today I slept at five-thirty, woke up at eleven-thirty, had a long lunch from three to five with many side dishes, slept the evening away. Thus the lateness of the post. Also it seems that the video is not the last of it, but is merely the beginning of my frustrations as my father tries his best to turn me into a hero.
Me, a hero? Feh. I think it's far easier, and more fun, to be the scourge of the earth, but I guess since my father's already a hero, for the sake of heroism, it needs to look like it's heredity. I have better things to do than let this consume my life, and I know it. But he doesn't. And if this is going to take over anything enjoyable I'll do for the rest of my holidays and beyond (I've missed one movie, nearly missed eating anything proper at all today, and everytime Dad sees me tinkering with a computer he comes over and makes me work on the project. He's seeing government grants and charity in all its glittering goodness and I just want to puke.) I will not have it. CIP was mostly torture for me already, and if it repeats itself as a regular fixture in my life then...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here."
- Tidus, Final Fantasy X

But I'll stop now. Pictures.

My room this morning.
Having to learn how to use web templates and watching Nodame Cantabile at the same time is sort of painful, especially with the person who wanted me to learn to use web templates staring over my shoulder. Of course if I had my way (feh - which hero's training lets the trainee have his or her own way) I'd be having a Nodame super-marathon, but no. Not happening.
Dad suggested leaving me at home to finish designing the website, but I would not have it. I missed Seven Pounds just to wait for about ten separate clips to convert themselves from .m2ts to .wmv, if he thought I was going to miss a meal so I could move towards being a hero he was absolutely mad.
So I had my first meal of the year...
You laugh. You laugh, but I could have been eating instant noodles for my first meal of the year. This was undoubtedly a better option. Laugh away.
Naturally the first meal of the first day of the year (my only meal of the first day) should have sides. Many sides. Unfortunately I had to give a section to Earth, and a very small section to Worth.
And another side. Originally I wanted two scoops, but Earth had one scoop of Cookies and Cream, and Worth had one scoop of Vanilla, and I wanted English Toffee and Cookies and Cream (my post-fencing standards are high). Earth started making noise, so oh well. English Toffee.

We went to the hospital to see my grandmother. I thought the sanitiser pump was a tame thing, so I placed both my hands under the nozzle and pushed down on the pump with my arm.
Suffice to say some of it got in my eyes and on my specs. Not good.
Later I had waffles. No pictures there.

After sleeping the evening away I went upstairs to...a major mess.

The day was bound to come, but I didn't think it'd come this soon. Fortunately it's only the lower-deck stuff, and not the middle and upper decks, those would've been hell, and extremely painful to do because of the feelings I have for my middle-deck and middle-upper-deck things.
Especially painful will be...
This is my box of ticket stubs, which I've kept with me since I was eleven. It holds all my memories of most of the places I've been, save for those the tour guides had to keep as proof for their companies.
It'll be hard to find a way to replace it, seeing how it's grown so.
I don't want to clean my room. My friends are cleaning their rooms up for JC/Poly, if I clean my room I'll be cleaning my room off. Already my mother wants me to reorganise my table for my sister, and I'm going to be dreading the day she puts her foot down and makes me do it in front of her.
I want time to stop. But it won't.

No comments: