Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recently I started watching the music video to Jyosei Kashimashi Monogatari, the 2004 single by Morning Musume that marked the graduations of Ai Kago and another person I cannot remember.
It's so...cute. ^^ But it's Morning Musume so I guess that's kind of expected. Everyone around me insists that the song is the most damn noisy thing ever and that it's a spastic song that makes no sense. But I don't care.
And now I've learned the dance XDDDDD but I need to perfect it..
I think among all the verses I like Tanaka Reina's the best. (:
If you haven't watched it yet, go, GO. Melt your brains with standard over-the-top Japanese kawaii fare! You only have two weeks left, most of you!

Anyway, to cut to the chase... I'm in Beijing now.
On a computer that's fixed in the room, with one of the worst Internet connections I've had in a long long time. It makes my sister's desktop connection look good. (Yes yes I know, I've come to expect too much from my connection on Cordelia. =.=)
But at least it exists, ohwells.
Beijing is dry. Megas dry. When we left the plane and were standing around just outside the toilets my cousin's lip spontaneously started bleeding. Mine's just a little cracked at the side where no one can see, but still. Agh.
But that's not my main problem.
My main problem is even more stupid.
...
...
...
My hair's very, very, very dusty. It's disgusting, really, it's picking up more dust than my clothes.
Then there're the tangles. ACK. As a certain author said about a boy he met in Patagonia, a look of abstract horror passes over my face every time I brush my hair, especially the tangled parts.
And worst of all, the split ends. Those are probably because of the dryness of Beijing atmosphere, but seriously, they're doing more than Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson and Kohei Uchimura, combined.

It's cold, but running around generally solves that. (Which will make my eventual journey up the Great Wall that much more painful, since there obviously isn't much place to run.) The temperature is expected to lower over the next couple of days, something I do not anticipate with any degree of excitement whatsoever.
We're going skiing again. Woe is me. Korea in 2006 was fine because there was a roughly 30-degree inclination. Hakuba, Japan in 2007 was abysmal because the only area we were allowed to ski was this 10ish-degree inclination between two 60ish-degree slopes.
It looked something like this.
\ <---for pro snowboarders
- <---this was where we were allowed to ski.
\<---for pro snowboarders

And I'd forgotten how to stop, and seeing the situation it would've been extremely important, so all I ended up doing after about an hour of failing horribly at skiing was lying in the snow and refusing to move. No one missed me, anyway. Not until about half an hour when they were like "Why isn't she here? Maybe she went to the toilet, oh well." and then they realised I was there.

Hopefully we'll get a 20-degree inclination this time. 30-degree was fine but after the irritation I went through with the only slope we got in Hakuba (Why'd we even go there? Hakuba's supposed to be full of good slopes.) I need something to get back most of (I don't look to get back all of it - part of it's beginner's luck) the self-worth I lost there.
...
I'm rooming with my sister, and our room's large, with a splendid view of... buildings. But a view nonetheless, and a wide window from one end of the room to the other. I sort of know what I want to do tonight with it.
There's a big plasma screen television which I'm not inclined to switch on anytime soon. Mum and Dad's room looks lolita-ish. Lots of white, with rather pretty designs. If I find any Infanta here, I know what I'm going to do.
Till then, I'll bear the cold, and drink the Milo we packed.
This better be worth my lack of Christmas.

1 comment:

Radicalpatriot said...

The "Noisy Girls" song to which you refer is all over YouTube in various forms, the most famous being inside of a commuter train car in Japan where the entire Morning Musume ensemble filmed one of the most amazing dance sequences in living memory. I think it was done in 2002 and is well worth seeing!
Rad