Tuesday, December 30, 2008

aiyoh sakinah you ask me do this for what?!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Get into a Shakespearean play. See blood after cutting myself. Throw an open tantrum in school. Get an internship. Go to a formal event without my father as the youngest directly invited guest. Nearly get disowned. Lots of things.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I had none. But I want to finish the Old Testament next year, and I want to be the best in class for English (esp. Drama), and I want to get into at least two theatrical productions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Japan, Malaysia, China.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Flexibility, a higher IQ, more tolerance for the people around me.

7. What exact date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15 March, utter chaos and pure Midsummer love. 24 June, Farewell party in ELDDS. 4 July, the first time in many years that people thought I was cute. 22 September, I got sabotaged. 11 November, the first time I fondled Cordelia in earnest and played my first tracks on Cosette. 13 December, my love for Orochimaru-sama manifested in its purest form.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Midsummer. No doubt. And after that, resuscitating my Maths.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Absolute refusal of Combined Humanities.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Not that I remember.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Lolita dress. *squee* 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mummy. ^^ 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, of course.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Anime things. And candy.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
INSERT COSTUME STUNT HERE.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Motteke! Sailor Fuku - Lucky Star (I think, anyway.) 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier, definitely.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter T^T needs moar fencing. 
iii. richer or poorer?
richer perhaps. my angpow money has never been touched. ever.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Draw. That which exited my hands just before the O-levels was beautiful, to me at the very least. I wonder if I can still produce such simple beauty. And I wish I'd gone out more after the O-levels. But I'm broke. Oh well, at least I had the Wii.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleep. But it's a primal need, and I'm afraid of the day my eyes look like Bookman's, and when the bags set in.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's six days past, and I spent it in Beijing, which is akin to not spending it at all beyond listening to horrible British-accent music. If the girl singing about how she wants her two front teeth already has them back, tell me so I can knock them out so she actually has a reason to sing that song.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Crush. It's always the crushes and never the loves.

23. How many one-night stands?
I don't have any nightstands.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Kuroshitsuji. Sebastian is a beautiful, beautiful man. And I have dibs on him so don't touch. *stroke stroke fondle fondle* There was also Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Nodame Cantabile. Both of which were awesome and extremely funny.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.

26. What was the best book you read?
aiyoh..so many...
* The Pillowman - Martin McDonagh (dark.)
* Nip The Buds, Shoot The Kids - Kenzaburo Oe (way darker)
* The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
...there's more. But I can't be bothered.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mitsumune Shinkichi (Do you hear the BGM? That's his work from the Rozen Maiden OST), John Williams (the undisputed king), Michael Jackson (REVIVAL!), Within Temptation (Beautiful. Just beautiful.)

28. What did you want and get?
A Mac, an iPod, a Lolita dress, the opportunity to do Orochimaru, an Orochimaru plush toy, probably the coolest darn internship I could ever ask for,

29. What did you get and not want?
Obligations to study, someone telling me I was irritating (for the next week after that I couldn't do something humans do to a white ceramic bowl properly.)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
L: Change The World. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Almost nothing actually. I got sabotaged, then I got treated to lunch. Besides that it was almost like I was invisible. But it was a war then, and in wars, people get forgotten very easily.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't really know. Going to Cosfest with Tereza?

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Further induction into Japanese street fashion. Apparently somehow whatever I wore seemed to have some form of cosplay element in it, from my gold-buttoned jacket to my collared shirts. Speaking of which, my personal fashion concept involved a lot of collared shirts. A lot. And soon after, it involved dressing like a butler.

34. What kept you sane?
Drawing. Taking pictures of strange things.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kenichi Matsuyama/Joseph Goebbels/Johnny Depp

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama. Definitely.

37. Who did you miss?
The opportunity to see Sensei at Cosfest. But daijobu, that won't affect me now ^^.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't knowwwwww.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
...other people have feelings?

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Let it be, let it be,
let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom,
let it be.

From the Beatles song Let It Be. For the times when I did things I couldn't take back, and for the times I made people angry because I was being myself and they couldn't understand, and for all the tests I didn't study for, and for when I couldn't go to church, and for when even when I couldn't go to church my people openly insulted my friends. There's no use being anal about it, because there's really nothing to be done. As the Japanese said, 仕方がない, it can't be helped.

No comments: