Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well.
What insane insanity, these couple days have been.
Yesterday was Psychology tutorial, and I got my assessment back. I got 8.5/10 for the psychology presentation, proving once and for all that Ciel saved the day. I got the highest mark in my presentation group, which was probably for the speaking bit. Oh well. I expected this much of myself.
Today I woke up extremely late after dreaming up (what almost was) my death. It was absolute bedlam after that, and I walked really briskly to school, and when I got there my face was almost completely stiff.
I slept quite a bit in a couple of classes today, which was sad, but I was having an insane headache. (Dreaming something like that. Never happens without negative side effects.)
I got my Literature paper back, and I had a look-see at it. I still can't believe that I actually wrote all that crap on my own, even if it featured my epicly horrible handwriting and even if I winged it by finishing the practice essay an hour before the exam was to begin.
Faith is never, ever, ever, ever going to do her exams that way again. This was luck, in what is probably one of its purest forms. 
Faith, you have really put a lot of thought and consideration into this response, and explored some imaginative possibilities evoked by the words in the poem. I am very impressed by the quality of your reasoning and argument, and feel some of your interpretations are quite sophisticated. You really put this poem under the microscope and explored its secrets - or at least, made some original suggestions about possible meanings. This is far from a surface analysis, which puts it into a higher-quality standard response category.
My only concern - or recommendation for improvement - is that some more formal structuring which reflected the exam question would have connected your essay more clearly with the assessment criteria. Yes, formulaic structuring can make an essay dull, but in an exam, or any other formal assessment, a structure which addresses the question - that is, mentioning ideas, emotions & techniques in a more direct way - often improves the communication, and ensures you answer the question asked.
I think you DID do those things, but not in as formal or direct a way as you might have.
4.75/5
*epic happy shock*
We covered the first couple of pages of Farenheit 451 today. I wonder how I'll fare.
Jane didn't come for class today. Pity, I dressed in my Rum Tum Tugger-inspired clothes again too.
Oh well.
Lit lecture was... exactly like tutorial. Meh.
I had two slices of Margherita pizza today for dinner. Cheesy epic nummyness. How simple it can be~.
I also had a nice sleep till about ten. Then I went out and did a spot of shopping with Natasha, and I had a Lift before coming back.
I pwned Rena and Joyce in Tap Tap Revenge again, and when they played with each other they were evenly matched. No wonder.
But Rena bested my score for Falling Balls, and Joyce topped my FingerSprint scores, wiping me off my own Top Ten board. Oh well. At least I have TTR over them :3

I'm nervous-ish for tomorrow. My Media&Comm assessment is coming back, and I fervently hope I do Sensei proud. Things have gone smoothly for me up to this point, a little too smoothly than what I'm used to, and I'm a little afraid that my Media&Comm assessment will prove to be the turning point. Of course, armed with the information I have, and the fact that it's most likely nearly everyone did their works on something other than Photoshop or GIMP, I'll get something decent. But I want the best for Sensei's article. :<
Gott mit uns. Gott mit uns. Gott mit uns.
And what of Maths? That little trick I did appearing in my North High serafuku isn't going to save my ass, I know, but I wonder how I fared. Hmm. I don't think it'll be too bad either, and I'm expecting probably high 30s early 40s. I don't think it'll be epic fail.
Oh well, God help me here, then.

Kyrie eleison.

No comments: