Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ELDDS CRASH

So...
I went to crash ELDDS on Tuesday.
I tried calling Shanice but her phone was off, oh well.
So I went off on my own, with no one to tip them off. XD
And when I got to the third level, Michelle and Prabhmeet saw me ^^.
After we talked for a bit I went in and hung out with everyone, and we folded the clothes that were in the ELDDS store.
They were throwing a lot of things out, including that one cheongsam that caused me rather unfathomable mental pain when I was thirteen. (Actually now I wouldn't mind wearing it again, but it needs sleeves and a looser collar. And preferably, a pair of tights should be in order.) I was given the option of taking it back, but then again, I wouldn't use it, ever, so I declined.
Come to think of it I need to find and buy a decent white kosode, otherwise I'll never be able to wear that violet kimono I bought...
But anyway. The Secondary Threes gave their election speeches that day, with the very novel "Don't Vote For Me, Vote For Us" grabbing me quite strongly. There was at least one person who promised that the only difference between being in the exco and not being in the exco, under her, would be merely a title, which I agreed very strongly with. More people would be willing to follow if distributive leadership was applied more frequently. (I decided to openly declare I didn't want to join the exco because I thought that following was fine, and the only difference was the title too. Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.)
They were pretty good, though admittedly the performances weren't that great. (Extremely biased source. Spoken by person who attended music theatre class with postgraduate students and who went to watch Wicked.)
Then again, on the bright side, that part isn't important, and people who recited their poems had poems that actually sounded good, as compared to my year. (WILL YOUR POEMS FREAKING RHYME PLEASE, YOU'RE PUTTING PEOPLE TO SLEEP.)
The drama people seemed pretty happy with the special announcement after CCA. I was pretty happy too, that they were happy. It took them a while to understand the full effect of it though, thank you Anu.
After that I gave Mr Sng the final bit of the special announcement, and we had a conversation that looked something like this...

Mr Sng: "So, are you whupping the Australians' asses over in Melbourne?"
Me: "...No, because I'm surrounded by Singaporean and Malaysian and Chinese students. And there should be people from Hong Kong and Taiwan too."
Mr Sng: "In which case you aren't."
Me: "Yup."

After that I hung out for a bit with Mrs R.W., who apparently liked Black Sabbath too. She likes Iron Maiden and Deep Purple too, which I shall need to see.
After Mrs R.W. left, I found Ms Siew, and we talked for a little bit about my cosplay plans as Sebastian.

After Prisia and Iman and Sakinah came over, Ms Siew left, and we went to collect our graduation certificates, the testimonial of which you will see in due course. We met Mr Sng and Ms Poon, and talked a bit about how life was for us.
Mr Sng has apparently, as a preventive measure after my little stunt last year, barred narratives alluding to vampires to be written in his class (mostly because he misunderstood my work; it was about a mafia induction, not a vampire fic). Which leaves me a happy girl, because I am not only selfish, but also, I am a Twilight-basher. The advantages I see in Mr Sng's move are as follows...
  • Since Twilight is obviously a very screwed representation of vampires (they're VAMPIRES, Stephenie, not superheroes), and there seem to be many Twihards in Cedar (and everywhere else), vampires are liable to be very screwed over without Mr Sng's preventive measure.
  • My "very gothic and vampirish" narrative will never be bested by another work in the future, and the 26/30 mark I got is hence the final word in dark fiction of the sort in his class.
  • I'd hate to imagine legit vampire fic written at the secondary school level, actually. I have no idea how people would actually carry it off. Especially after the epic train-wreck that Twilight is.
  • Woah, this rule was created because of me. This is the second time, I think, that Mr Sng's created a rule because of me. Maybe one day I'll go back to Cedar, borrow someone's student handbook, and see the rules clearly stating that socks can only be three fingers' width in length above the ankle. Because of me.
After that I went to Ajisen Ramen and had my first nan-kotsu ramen in ages. It was an awesome conclusion to an awesome afternoon :3

No comments: