Saturday, April 4, 2009

Minifest and my Maths exam

The week concluded, and only made sense with, this letter, and the following.

~~~~~~~~~

To self in the very near future:

DIVERSIONARY TACTIC #305. THE WHOLE DAY.

1) Wake up. Since you are reading this, we shall assume you have done so.

2) DO NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!!!!! This is imperative, because you have a life outside your bed. Especially today. And you know it.

3) Take shower, but come out by 7.45 am. You have a life outside the bathroom, Faith.
3.1) Remember to leave conditioner in for full 5 minutes. How else are you to have your long shiny smooth hair?

4) Towel-dry hair. But not too violently, otherwise it shall become a heap of black tangled nothing.

5) Get out. Place unmentionables.

6) Blow-dry hair.

7) Get dressed. This should explain itself.

7.1) Avail thyself of a white tank top and full-length stockings, for they are the under-things over the under-things.
7.2) Remember to take necessary measures to prevent up-skirts. You know more than anyone else that the use of sera-fuku practically dictates up-skirts. Remember the shorts.
7.3) Enter the sera-fuku. Wrestle with it mildly if you please, but by no means should you use brute physical force on it. It's a sera-fuku, not a pro wrestler. It can tear. And it costs money, which isn’t half as important as the fact that it’s a present from Prisia.
7.3.1) Ensure skirt is pulled down as far as possible, and that shorts are pulled up as far as possible. This is more for Point 7.2
7.3.2) The ribbon and belt of the sera-fuku should also be in place by now.
7.4) Wear black knee-length socks, and white shoes. Nothing interesting can be said about this, apparently.

8) Tone. You've done this every day ever since you got here, I trust you know how to already.

9) Moisturise. And leave it in for a little while before beginning Point 11.

10) Use the expensive hair cream that you never really could be bothered to use. At last, it comes in handy.

11) Tie hair back. The apocalypse is coming. (For you, anyway, it is the apocalypse)

12) Makeup. This obviously is your least favourite section, so it is advisable you get this over with quickly. Ignore voices in your head that say "Jesus Christ, she's taking freaking forever!"**
12.1) Base/Foundation.
12.2) Concealer. And you know you need this more than ever today. Well, not
ever, but you get the point.
12.3) Loose powder. And nothing more. Be happy. Be very happy.
12.4) Lip balm. This shouldn’t kill you, you’ve done this one a lot.

13) Run through Maths 1 one last time.
13.1) Focus especially on functions, the (obviously) weakest area of your units so far.
13.1.1) Domain
13.1.2) Range
13.1.3) Hybrid-functions.

14) Get overcoat. You don't want to spoil this for the general public at this stage, do you? No, of course you don’t! You want to wait till everyone’s nicely settled at Arrow on Swanston, and then take your overcoat off and shock and disturb the rest of the people in the exam hall! That’s why this is a DIVERSIONARY tactic.***

15) Ensure everything you need is packed. (iPod, calculator, handphone, pencil case, wallet, keys, loose powder, watch, mathematical instruments.) You'll thank me for this later.

16) Go down and have breakfast. Drink porridge again, or have toast. Your call.

17) Leave early
17.1) Buy makeup remover if possible.
17.2) Buy bottled water. For the exam.

18) Go for your exam.
18.1) Watch shocked and disturbed expressions of people around you.
18.2) Briefly bask in the schadenfreude you feel.
18.3) Get your head in the game.
18.4) PWN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19) Have lunch and go to Minifest.

20) Enjoy the insanity of Minifest!

21) Remember to use loose powder when you have to (as much as you hate it you don’t want your concealer and foundation disappearing and leaving you… unguarded.)


-

It is late, so I shall turn in for now. I shall see you, then, future self, in a matter of about six hours and ten minutes.
Fare thee well.

With all due respect,

Faith Sim
12.50 am
4/4/09

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** = I did rush it though, because I didn't ignore the voices in my head. More on that later.
*** = I believe I have misplaced it. I shall search lost and found on Monday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so I followed all the instructions my past self dictated, except breakfast, and whatever was indicated in the asterisks above.
I stepped out of my room, unshielded by an overcoat, for the rest of the universe to see. I walked to the exit to the second level, when suddenly I heard a click and CHAI SITING entered. She was epicly shocked like I've never seen her shocked before, and she ran out yelling something roughly meaning "OH MY ****ING GOD.". Rena and Joyce and Natasha (I think) opened the door and looked in, and they were shocked too, but not half as shocked as Siting was. Rena asked if this was the first part, the second part, or just it, and I replied that this was all it was. (Still scary.)
I skipped down the stairs and out the door, settling outside for a bit, since it was a cold morning.
Spring opened the door and asked if I was alright, since today was rather cold. I told her I was wearing at least two layers, which was no lie (except for my legs, the poor things). After a bit, I walked off to Arrow on Swanston.
Everyone I walked past stared. And when I say everyone, I *mean* everyone. There was this one old man with large disgruntled eyes looking up at me (because he was so short and because he was slouching) and when we nearly crossed paths he shook his head slightly. Oh well. Other than that everyone just looked with extremely amused expressions.
I made it to Arrow on Swanston, where I settled down and ran through revision one last time. (It looks much better in a sera-fuku. Really. You actually feel like you're going to get something done, being in a sera-fuku.) There I was relatively undisturbed, except for a couple of people who inquired why I was in my sera-fuku, to which I replied, "I felt like it ^____^"
I got into a bit of confusion over seat numbers too, where I mistook my Literature seat number for my Maths seat number. Pity, sitting with Ulysses would've been quite awesome. But oh well, never mind.
Maths went off without much of a hitch (except for this one question which has appeared so many times I've grown numb to it, which a certain someone I know will kill me for not answering correctly). I didn't even need water, and I finished about half an hour ahead of time, so after checking I sauntered out of the exam hall, ribbon bobbing up and down in a most adorable manner.
I waited a little while, and Phaik Yie came, and so did the gay nutter Lennon. By the way, the next time I see Lennon, I want to roundhouse kick him across the face. No special reason~
I nominated Phaik Yie my head prefect for the day, since she did Ryoko Asakura before and could hence bother me with attire checks and that kind of thing. (Teach me how to make the world end :D)
We went to eat at Grill'd, and food was nummy. :3
Then we went to Big W, where I window-shopped, since my bag was already full. Drama girls, expect Crunchie Easter eggs soon. They're gold...with honours. :D
I was tired then, I yawned non-stop. I wanted to go home and sleep for a bit... but the head prefect advised against it. So no extra sleep.
And so we parted ways and I went to Minifest, where the first thing I did was watch the cosplay competition. Female Light and L were on, and I was sitting right behind them. They later wrote Naruto's name in the Death Note.
I went upstairs, where I met a Naruto and a Curse Seal Level 1 Sasuke. Was pretty awesome, and I also met an Itachi and a Kakashi. Admittedly not much I saw was on the level of general Singaporean cosplay, but it's still fine, I guess.
We danced the Hare Hare Yukai. Being the only one in the North High sera-fuku, I led. After that we did the Caramelldansen, and Sasuke and I were the only two (far as I knew) who lasted the whole way :D
Sasuke and I later did the Motteke! Sera-fuku too. It was insane ^_______^
After that I went to play DDR, where I tried (and failed) to place hand actions to the Hare Hare Yukai. Lelouch did rather well actually. Also I played the Motteke! Sera-fuku, which I was heaps better at (mainly because I stopped trying to place hand actions to the music).
I played Rock Band for the first time in my life, where (as usual) I had minor timing issues with the guitar. I was a pretty good vocalist though, except I didn't know a couple of songs, which would become my undoing.
After that I got a wrap from KFC (I wish they'd stop being stupid and calling their wraps funny things like Twisters and Rollers), and went home.
And now I am tired, but I cannot flop upon the table I'm writing this on because of Point 12. *sigh* This is why I don't normally do this =.=

Alright, I'll upload a couple of photos later, camwhore a little, and then I can do myself a big big favour and remove all evidence of my little escapade today.

No comments: