Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh right, did I mention? I'm in Singapore now.

Literature exam went...well.
I was supposed to prepare two poems just in case one didn't come out. So I prepared The First Born by Jack Davis and Bitter by Ifi Amadiume. The First Born was very much emphasised upon both in tutorial and at lecture, and so was Bitter, but Bitter was covered much earlier. I finished the preparatory essay about half an hour before I left for the exam, and so the points were very very fresh in my head. And at the final moment, when I saw both poems had come out, against my better judgement (I know it was against my better judgement because there was a voice in my head yelling "THIS IS YOUR BETTER JUDGEMENT. DON'T DO IT.") I chose Bitter, instead of The First Born, which many people were banking on.
Do not try at home. (I know I won't again.)

I wore a one-piece black dress to the exam. People thought I was cosplaying even though I wasn't. XD
I think I'll try to procure a Younger Orochimaru kimono. I think it's pretty :3 (And I can wear it to exams, too.)
But Monday was very cold, and so I ended up sleeping through fencing. *sigh*

Monday night was insanely fun! Joyce and Natasha and me sat outside the M1-M4 corridor like hobos in near darkness, and we talked to Kuo Wei. And I brought out my MacBook and it started hitting on Kuo Wei. (MACBOOK VOICE FTW.) Afterwards I started recording Kuo Wei's conversation with the whole lot of us, right up till the point where it ended.
Later Joyce and I went to the tea-room and I started chopping up the recording. We made it into a pretty recording that made Kuo Wei look like a total asshole. He now swears bloody revenge on me. How nice of him! :D

I didn't sleep a wink that night. Hanging clothes and stuff.
At about six I took a nice long shower and got into a blazer-collared shirt-tie combination. Most pretty indeed, and I camwhored in the first level toilet later. I may post pictures if I feel like it.
I slept a little on the sofa on the first level later, before I woke up and had breakfast and announced my forthcoming departure. After that I showed the people in the dining room the [modified] recording and they laughed. I went up later to pack, and saw Kuo Wei, where he swore bloody revenge on me, as I said above.
I went out after a little bit of packing to buy chocolate and a two books on theatre. And after that I stayed in my room and packed and packed, until I was done.
Then I went down with my (bloody heavy: 20.3kg) luggage, and I saw Cheryl and Joyce and Jessica and Rena and Natasha, so I said something along the lines of "Well, see you in about three weeks then.", and I smiled and skipped off to the stairwell where my luggage was.
They pursued me and demanded a proper farewell. Hmm.
So we talked for a bit about what I was going to do, things like that.
And in the end the bus came and so I went off.

I found out when I checked in that, to my horror, I was an Unaccompanied Minor. Which never bodes well when you're sixteen going on seventeen.
I had a peaceful lunch at Subway before going to embrace my U.M. life. I decided that I had to look the part, and took out my Starburst Rattlesnakes (Re-juiced, 30% less sugar) and held them in one hand, and I took out Mochi and held him in my free arm. I think I looked sufficiently immature, but I don't know.
May I mention I'm never going to eat anything from the Re-juiced range again? I like sugar, sankyuu very much. Re-juiced gummies seem to be for masochistic people.
The airport staff raised his eyebrows when he saw Mochi pass through the X-ray. He thought it was a voodoo doll, the poor guy.
I had to sit at the gates about half an hour to an hour before I could board. It was insanely boring in ways I cannot describe. And it got even more insanely boring when I got on the plane.

Listen to music. Eat Rattlesnakes. Read. Listen. Eat. Read. And when the Rattlesnakes ran out I had to substitute them for LCMs (which tasted better, but were in short short supply).
I had beef goulash for dinner, which was nummy. And ice cream too. The man beside me would drink only alcohol. Beer. Red wine. Whathaveyou. It was insane, I felt dumb sitting beside him and ordering only apple juice every time she came along.
But it went alright, and when the time came to disembark, I went to the Business Class area to sit for a little.
I'd never sat in Business Class before, so you can imagine my happiness with the extra legroom (IN YOUR FACE CLAUSTROPHOBIC ECONOMY/LIVESTOCK CLASS.). Also I found that the footrest was adjustable, so I pushed a couple of buttons, and the footrest went in, and out, and in... it was fun! ^^
Also I saw the outside of a lightning storm. Very beautiful at night, I tells you. Most of the time it was just flashing white light, but sometimes if I was lucky I'd see an actual lightning bolt. Once I saw a silver one draw itself out across the sky, and I thought how beautiful it was to cause such art in the atmosphere.
But we landed. Oh well.

I met Prisia and Tereza at the gates, along with Earth and Mummy, and later I met Fedora, Darren and Sylvia. I gave Tereza postcards from Manifest and Amaranth, which I got from the Minifest room for Amaranth. I handed Fedora the Rondoletti wafers she asked for (she was addicted too!), and after getting an iced Milo, we talked for a bit, and then went our separate ways. Prisia got a lift home from Mummy though, and so I let her listen to The Wizard And I, which, as I predicted, she objected vehemently against. It was most enjoyable indeed.
The moment I got home and dragged in my luggage, my luggage got stuck in the door. I tried to pull it in for a bit, and Dad came up and frantically yelled "No, no don't pull! I'll carry it in for you!"
"Motherly as usual, I see," I replied.

And so my life in Singapore began again.
I went to Aston's, had dinner at home, ate 10 of Din Tai Feng's xiao long bao at one shot, resumed my romance with Mummy's panfried fish and cream of watercress and mashed potatoes with bacon and brown sauce, had McDonald's, ate at Popeye's, nom'd on Delifrance, consumed Crystal Jade xiao long bao, fell in love again with my auntie's curry chicken, and tasted the kolo mee at City Plaza.
I also went for the Good Friday service at HoGC for the first time ever since I joined it, visited the fencers, watched Cats (RUM TUM TUGGER. I LOVES YOU SO. YOU BEAT THAT PARTRIDGE DUDE ANY DAY.), re-layered my hair, and had a facial.

Oh right, about Cats. The strong call of nature forced me to miss the last three musical numbers of the first act. :<
BUT at least I didn't miss any strong Rum Tum Tugger moments! I really like him, he's like the perfect J-Rocker Jellicle Cat. Totally acts like it, with gyrating hips thrown in.
Also I had the opportunity to see three people from the cast getting out the back of the auditorium door nearest where I was. They were insanely tired. They sort of like staggered out the door, and they were all breathing very, very deeply. One of them stopped just outside the cast lounge and stood there for a while, bent over and obviously nearly exhausted, but the moment I began to walk over to him he regained his composure and walked into the lounge.
The other two who came after him, I asked if they were fine. And they were :3
I kind of get why they were exhausted, because there were very few moments in the entire musical when they weren't singing, dancing, or doing both at the same time, it seems there're very few speaking (not singing) bits in Cats. And their dancing..jazz, tap, ballet. Stuff I wanted to learn. Ballet alone takes a lot of energy. Hmm...
I guess that was a consolation prize for not watching that segment of the show. Ah well.

I finished Kuroshitsuji (anime). I love love love the ending, even though it has no sense of closure at all it's still so very beautiful. It also makes me want to cosplay Sebastian even more. (It also makes the pressure of cosplaying Sebastian even more intense.)
I watched Hetalia and DMC, both of which are awesome in their own ways, but which ultimately cannot compare to Kuroshitsuji. (Maybe DMC can, but it's a human production limited by human effects. MatsuKen is still the most pwnsome actor I've seen for a bit, to transition so smoothly from L to Negishi/Krauser. Not directly, but still.)

I'm really psyched for tomorrow, because I'm going to crash Cedar and meet my juniors and teachers and everyone. Also if I can I'd like to get that floor-length black pleated teacher-type skirt from the store I saw today. :D

No comments: