Friday, September 12, 2008

pure magic.

That's what it was.
We were late by an hour, but it was still pure magic.

I got to Parkway at about six. Yi Yun had just gotten home then.

So I waited. And thought. And waited. And thought. And finished my letter to Jingna. (Which was written on foolscap paper. Hmm.)

And I worried. And dialled for Yi Yun. And worried. And dialled. And walked around with great uncertainty. (Which earned me a few stares from people because I was in all black with a black overcoat. Hmm.)

I frustrated for a while before leaving a couple of voice messages for Yi Yun.

Gah.

Then she told me to go to Sakae Sushi and reserve a place. So I did.

I had two soft shell crab maki and a soft shell crab temaki, really really quickly.

AND THEN SHE SHOWED UP with her mother.

And we had takoyaki and they had okonomiyaki and a chawanmushi and a random selection of sushi from the conveyor belt, and Yi Yun's mother ordered a couple of sushi to take onto the car for Naomi.
And then I was done. And then Naomi called and we told her to meet us opposite Parkway. While I waited for Yi Yun and her mother to finish and pay the bill I went to the flower shop opposite and bought a stalk of rose for Jingna, to go with the letter I wrote her. (One rose is sweet. A bouquet is romantic. Methinks. ^^)

So we went off and met Naomi at the bus stop opposite Parkway. Then I introduced them to each other.

Me: "Yi Yun, Naomi. Naomi, Yi Yun."

Naomi: "Couldn't you make the introduction a bit longer?"

Me: "...okay.. *slow service-ish voice* Teo Yi Yun, Naomi Seow Ru Ting. Naomi Seow Ru Ting, Teo Yi Yun."

We proceeded to make gangsta jokes in the car. I used "shorty". ._.

And so at last we got there at 8.15. We were an hour late. Oh well. We looked around a bit. I waved at Jingna when I saw her, and Naomi and Yi Yun introduced themselves. I gave her the rose and the letter (it's fine, she said ^______^). Then we went to the toilet, where.. never mind.

We got out, and someone was pinging his glass, so we followed the pinging.

And Jingna made a speech (:

"First off I'd like to thank my mother, for supporting me." And so we clapped.

This went on for a while. The Arts House, Mannequin, the ambassador of Japan, her Tokyo assistant, her models, Octavia, Arissa, etc (I'm writing this in no particular order.).

"My goodness, so many people to thank!" she said.

"You have all that on your iPhone?" said the guy who pinged his glass.

"Thank you, for opening for me." she said to him.

"And thank you to the supporters." And so I smiled.

"Enjoy the food."

THERE WAS FOOD. But I only took the mini chocolate cakes. Cuteness ^w^.


We walked around and looked at stuff. And, well, it was new for me, looking at all her prints on canvas instead of on photo paper, or on the computer. They were all HUGE and detailed and stuff. I had to stand on my toes to look at most of the works, and that was after I wore heeled boots.

Jingna's still tired. T-T But she should get some rest soon, with Something Beautiful opened now. ^^

Then Naomi and Yi Yun pulled me out (fig.) of the Arts House, and we went to get Ben and Jerry's at Suntec 8D.

But then... we got sidetracked.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36804&l=65a81&id=658179022

My skillz pwn (but not as much as Jingna's ah well.), as Naomi will tell you ^_____^

One day I should do one of those profile post thingies with the picture(s) Naomi took of me.

Oh and we did go to Ben and Jerry's. It was happy.

I ended up returning home at, like, 12.30, fetched by Yi Yun's mother. :)

...

*eyes glaze over in Kagome-esque expression* Thinking about that night shall inspire me to go on.

*sigh* back to work.

No comments: