Sunday, September 21, 2008

in the mirrors, in the dust, in the chaos, sixteen.

It was... so fast.
Too fast, I think.
Being fifteen passed too fast for me.
I kept most of my happy times there, but there were plenty of sad times too.
15 was the year I met Yi Yun and we started on our magically crazy adventure of kirakira. It was the year I did my first official cosplay, and I remember fondly the time Mr Khoo stopped me to insist that shinigami didn't wear school shoes and lent me sandals instead. I remember my first anime @ expo, and all the madness that came with that. I remember Mr Sng's English assignments, and how fun they were, even if I once had to pull an all-nighter to get a graphic design finished. I remember with great happiness my being chosen as Lysander for the Midsummer production, and my loving every little bit of being him. I also remember my first foray into the land of the Lolita, and all the sweetness and happiness that came with it.
I remember my two trips to Japan in this year of my life, and how one of them ended up with an encounter by chance that could not have been any more exact. I remember my first visits to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea, and how looking at the Main Street Parade warmed my heart in a way hardly anything else could. I remember the JRock cosplayers on Harajuku, and how I admired their daring. I remember looking into Moi-meme-Moitie, and despite not being able to go inside, my heart flew, and I fell in love.
I remember my mad study sessions, especially with Prisia, as well as Sakinah.
I remember my impromptu photoshoots with Naomi and Yi Yun, and to a lesser extent, with Prisia and Sakinah.
And ELDDS Camp, and my Farewell, and the opening of Something Beautiful.

I remember the sadder things too, though.
I remember that after Tereza became secretary, she grew up. It wasn't necessarily a good thing, but it distanced her from me (or me from her) because she became more mature. I remember the time we fell out for eighteen straight hours (count them) because I wouldn't follow her instructions, and I remember how only last week she told me that I was annoying.
I remember the danger Lysander was in when I was in Japan, not that I'd caused it intentionally or anything, but thank goodness that was solved.
I remember my parents stopped me from going to church. That extreme dramatics pulled me away from Cosfest 08.
I remember the sadness that was in that particular friday or two before the prelims. When me and Ms Lizah sat in the sick bay in painful silence.
Et cetera.
But oh well.
Sixteen time.
I'm happy to be sixteen actually. But kind of scared.
Next year it seems more than likely (I've been accepted.) that I'll be spending 1-4 years away from home in the next continent, and I really don't know what to make of that. I've heard of drug pushers everywhere there.
It is certain that I will do everything in my power, and beyond that, to finish Orochimaru by anime @ expo this year. If I'm going to go out, after only two years at that, it has to be a "bang". In epicly large proportions.
If I do go to Australia I shall want to try for Manifest.
...
I shall leave this open though, because the whole year's ahead of me now. Anything can happen.
But for now, I shall celebrate my birthday in peace.

No comments: