Sunday, March 1, 2009

sunday

I’ll save my Internet today and do this post on Microsoft Word instead. It’s easier than navigating the evil Internet today any way, right now it’s far too slow for my Nerd-Grade Consumption.

Anyway today I got up nice and early at the beautiful time of 9.45 to prepare for my first day in my new church, i.e. Christian City Church, Bayside (South Melbourne Campus). It’s a pretty new branch, and it opened six months back, so it’s pretty small and is mostly composed of families and people in their twenties. I figure I’m either the only teenager there, or there’s only one other teenager there, but nonetheless I felt pretty at home.
The first person I met was the usher, Beth. Admittedly the ushers here don’t give the same infectious atmosphere as those in Heart of God Church, but this being a small congregation, they had the time to get to know as many people as possible, and that day, I sat next to Beth. I also met the pastor, and at this point I wonder whether I should call him Pastor Aaron, or Pastor Ruff.
I imagine this would feel something like the Henderson period in Heart of God Church; only I wasn’t there to experience that. There were four people in the worship team, one vocalist, one guitarist, one pianist, and one drummer. It was pretty straightforward actually ☺
I was prayed for today by the pastor, in hope that I’ll get into VCA Music Theatre next year. ^^
Service was a little shorter than what I’d gotten used to at HoGC, but nonetheless it carried much meaning to me. I think I’ll join the fast till the 5th of April. It’s not necessarily food we have to give up, they’ve told me – people have given up chocolate and coffee, and the pastor gave up television. In which case, I think I’ll give up caramel. (The Mars bar I bought sits in my drawer… I can already smell it.)

After service I stayed around to talk to a couple more people, including Leanne, Beck, and Heather. Admittedly I cannot remember the names of the rest of them, but I’ll remember them in due course. After that I went off to Spotlight and I bought ribbons in three different colours (black, wine, navy blue), as well as a pack of three gold buttons. When I was done with that, I went and had katsu ramen at the Japanese food store downstairs, which wasn’t that great. (And it splattered. ><) There, I met Phil, who was from C3 too, and we had a bit of a talk about church.
After lunch I bought a pair of red/black-striped stockings from the South Melbourne Market, before going home, where I replaced the buttons on my pajamas and my black overcoat, and had a little nap before going downstairs.

Ten large pizzas soon pranced through the door (their carriers in tow), and the birthday party began. People gathered around as Justin and Stella (who’d had their birthdays in the week) walked in and stood in front of the unopened pizza boxes. Just when we thought Happy Birthday was going to be played, the seventh and eighth bars of the bridal march from A Midsummer Night’s Dream were played, and much laughter ensued, but afterward things went back to normal T^T they did sing the birthday song in Cantonese though, but I couldn’t follow.
And so we had pizza. I had one slice of Margherita pizza, which was quite sad, so I made it up by taking many pieces of chocolate covered pizza instead. ^^

And as for this particular person… I can only express it through this conversation with my cousin...
10:11:30 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: Jayden is weird.
10:11:39 PM aileen: hu is jayDen??
10:11:51 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: your weird classmate lor.
10:12:07 PM aileen: his english name is jayDen a??
10:12:12 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: people call him that.
10:12:19 PM aileen: wahaha..
10:12:22 PM aileen: so funny...
10:12:29 PM aileen: i din ever noe dat he had an english name..
10:12:31 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: lol
10:12:36 PM aileen: hohoho
10:12:56 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: but he's really weird.
10:13:12 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: today people ask him take care of two bags of potato chips while they went out to buy pizza
10:13:26 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: coz we had a birthday party for two people here
10:13:33 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: den hor he got very bored
10:13:54 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: so he sat at the sofa there and started hitting himself on the sides of his head with the potato chip bags.
10:13:54 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: XD
10:14:34 PM aileen: wahaha.. 10:14:36 PM aileen: is it??
10:14:40 PM aileen: realy weird..
10:14:52 PM aileen: mayb he jus feel too stressed??hohoho
10:14:55 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: maybe XD
10:15:14 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: but den juz now he took the hot water from his hot water flask and tried to steam his pimple XD
10:15:19 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: it looked damn funny.
10:15:58 PM aileen: hohoho 
10:16:26 PM aileen: when he was here he nvr had such a weird behaviour leh.. 
10:16:30 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: lol 
10:16:35 PM aileen: quite suprise,, 
10:16:40 PM UNTOUCHEABLE| i hate feeling useless.: maybe you never saw
~
So there you have it, the strange man called Jayden. Please observe with great interest his strange antics in all their strangeness.

After the party and the insanity, laundry ensued. In the middle of this, I found out that Stella bought weighing scales today, and so out of pure interest, I proceeded to use them.
… 
48 kg.
I don’t believe I’ll get another chance to use that thing in quite a while now, the way I made Stella feel. But if that’s how heavy I am, it’s not necessarily a good thing. Perhaps part of the muscle mass I built up has changed back to mush… ack. Better get back to fencing ASAP before I start having to dodge the next time someone stabs me in training (I hate it when people stab me where it hurts. The stomach, I could handle, because the stomach muscles were building. Now, however…ehehe). Nonetheless it was good to know that I hadn’t grown at all. 

(That came out wrong, didn’t it?) 

But yay, laundry's done for today, and now there's a big fat pile of it just sitting on my bed. (Less big and less fat, though, than when the jeans and shirts and skirts were jumbled up with it too.)
 
It might look like there's a shinigami kimono thrown around somewhere in there, but there isn't. I wish I had that much luggage space the day I came over (and that I could've thrown Orochimaru's costume in too with my checked baggage).

Oh well, off to do the last of the laundry. Ja.

No comments: