Friday, March 6, 2009

To save my internet again, here I am on Word. Again.
…I think this is going to become a habit.
Anyhow so today I had EAP, which wasn’t particularly of note. Then I had lunch at KFC, and after that I went off to Animasia on Grattan (where there seems to be nothing wrong, contrary to what I heard recently) and had a nice long chat about anime with a girl called Tamara. And I shall be linking her here. :D
After that I went home, and on the way back I had a spot of Il Freddo Dolce, where I finally found out for myself why Roche was such a well-received flavour, and now I am cursed to take three flavours every time I go there from now on. (Biscuit, Freddo Surprise, Roche. Count them.)
After putting down my stuff at home I took my Maths books and went off for Maths tutorial. I reached half an hour early, and taught various people how to operate the Skittles dispenser without dropping Skittles everywhere. I also freaked one person out by telling him that I liked Black Sabbath. (I do!)
During tutorial we did this thing called free association, where one person says one word and the next person says the first word to pop into their head when hearing the word. We started off with the word “Maths”, and everyone was terribly adherent to that word, until the person before me said “Computers”, upon which I happily said “Final Fantasy”.
After that we played the game where we had to count to 20 (how do I describe this properly…), and after that we had to pair up and introduce ourselves to the person next to us (name, intended degree, best moment in life), and the person would have to introduce us to the whole class.
“Her name is Faith, she comes from Singapore, she wants to do Music Theatre in university, and the best moment of her life was when she cosplayed Orochimaru.”
A large collective “OH” ensued, performed by everyone in the room, save for the tutor and a few more clueless people. I was rather happy to see everyone’s expressions, I think I’m developing a taste for seeing everyone’s expressions when they’re shocked, disturbed, disgusted and in awe, all at the same time.
“Who’s that?” asked the tutor.
“Don’t bother looking for him, you’ll get a heart attack.” I said.
I spent the whole lesson finishing the exercises from page 13 to 19, and a little bit of the homework. I’m now on the extremely painful part where you can only solve things by long division. Shall finish that tomorrow after shopping.
After Maths, I went off with Phaik Yie (BRIEF INTRODUCTION: a cosplayer from Singapore who shares Media&Comm and Psychology lectures with me.) to Swanston Street to window shop. I ended up buying two badges of The Beatles (one of the Beatles logo, one of them walking on Abbey Road), one of Black Sabbath (the purple words BLACK SABBATH on black), and a generic black one with white text saying SINGER. (They were expensive, but hey, it’s The Beatles.)
And we travelled further to a shop where they sold soaps and bath fizzes and things. It smelled good, but it was extremely strong, and after that we went to a shop called Deborah K, where I gave in to the nagging voices in my head and bought a studded belt for $10 and a black shirt with skulls on the left chest and sleeve for $12.
After that, I went off to meet my brother and Uncle Scott. We had Chinese food, and the black pepper beef was extremely tender, while I found no favour with the sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken. Suckling pig was quite so very fine, but I still liked the black pepper beef best of all. After that we went walking around, and while I didn’t buy anything, I definitely saw a lot of things I did want to buy.
So that was my day. And today I shall be attending Psychology, shopping and hanging Inu/Kikyou up. :D

No comments: