Thursday, March 12, 2009

The previous week. LONG POST BUT LOTS OF PICTARS.

I apparently have six days of news to report. Lemme get this done…
SATURDAY
I went shopping and bought a black shirt and a black/white-striped shirt. (The stereotypical mime one.) I also bought my first non-lolita dress in eight years. And you can has picture of dress.

Anyway, after that I returned home and had dinner. Everyone was talking about going to the Moomba Waterfest because there’d be fireworks. So I decided to go too (FIREWORKS :D), and… ah… personal stylist. ^^;

I objected violently at first because I felt a bit like this…

But after a while it was fine, and I could hold out for about two or three hours without putting my jacket on. Not that I’ll do it very often – that was the first time I’d worn sleeveless in four years. (It holds strong memories of Kong Hwa, sleeveless clothes. Of how I felt then, of all the times I felt helpless and stripped of all opportunity to fight back…thank goodness it’s over.)
I won an orange Scorchio, which you shall see shortly.

Ten minutes of fireworks was awesome, but after that my arms hurt like crazy from holding my camera up. I must say I’m really impressed at the stability, but that’s probably just me kissing my own ass. XD
My feet hurt like crazy after the waterfest. We got home at about 1 or 2am, and I was wearing ballet flats a smidge too small. Bad choice, but I had no idea we were going to be walking for about six hours either. ><>~*~*~cosplay list~*~*~(pictars in order)
1) Orochimaru (PERFECT IT)
2) Yuki Nagato (It will be most rushed indeed.)
3) Komui Lee
4) Sebastian Michaelis (FOREGROUND FIGURE. nakama’s doing Grell Sutcliffe, so she wants me to be Sebby. I wonder if I’ll butcher him… it’s pretty much decided already, isn’t it? Good luck XD)
5) Uchiha Itachi (I don’t have to do anything to my hair :D)
6) AUXILLARY: Suigetsu Hozuki (FIGURE TO THE LEFT. smexyyyyyyy :3)
7) AUXILLARY: Cross Marian (THE SLEEVES. THE SLEEVESSSSSS)

MONDAY
Today I found out my mentor was Jane Garton, my EAP teacher. Admittedly I wanted Maureen Vincent (fine, she doesn’t look that much like Palin now), or Janusz Sysak (He’s such a nice guy!) or Stephan Faubel (DRAMA :D)
During lunch there was a poster sale, so I went and bought a poster from The Godfather and one from Blue Harvest. It was only after I took the Blue Harvest poster out that I found that there was a poster with only Stewie Griffin on it. Dang. But oh well, the Blue Harvest one was pretty. And I'll show you the Inuyasha poster too, for good measure.



Also today after class I went for a kendo session, and while the sword’s not much heavier than a foil, it was much taller. The grip was pretty strong too. The kiai was especially fun to do, and I found it rather fun bowing to the kendo sensei. (What a strange concept of fun, you say. But I haven’t gone after you for saying you found calculus exciting and intriguing either.) I couldn’t stand on my toes very well though, which was sad. (My future in high heels → dead) We did mostly just the Jogeburi, which was quite boring, but the kiai saved the day and made it all so much more fun :D
But midway into kendo, I heard voices in the next room, and soon a girl who looked about Truth’s age ran in and checked us out for a while and left.
This would’ve been perfectly acceptable and normal for me, if it wasn’t for the fact that the girl was wearing a fencing jacket and a lame.
“Shit,” the voice in my head said, and it was then that I started to realise that I couldn’t join kendo after all.
So yup, I’m going for fencing after all. Nothing for me to lose by not joining kendo, I guess. ☺

TUESDAY
Drama. Was, predictably, very fun. However the rest of the day I was in and out of consciousness because I woke up with a sharp pain in my shoulder/neck intersection. Shall refer to books before attempting Jogeburi next time. And hence I have nothing to report.
Except for the fact that I loved my dress sense that day. At last, I could use my pocket watch to my advantage. I think it'll be a trend from here on out for me that I dress especially interestingly on Tuesdays. (I don't really like that last photo of me there, but it's the only decent one I could find of my overcoat.)

WEDNESDAY
I had lunch with my nakama today. I had two cooked salmon onigiri, which disintegrated rather un-satisfyingly in my hands after I didn’t hold it like a squirrel would, and I had chocolate hedgehog. After that I drank one can of V (over the can I already drank before Lit tutorial), I opened the Gate of Rest and the Gate of Life, and I chionged home to get my stuff. I was five minutes late for EAP, but I was still safe, thank goodness.
After school, thanks to the insane caffeine fixes I had in the morning, I had to go buy chocolate milk in an attempt to neutralise the caffeine. I realised there that there wasn’t much of a choice, so I bought a 350 ml bottle of milk and drank it right there.
After buying Famous and Marie Claire in my endeavours at completing my Media and Communications graded assignment, I finally found the answer to my prayers for a model essay in the form of OK! Magazine. The moment I came in and started reading it Sze Earn was like “Why’d you get this?! It has no format, how’re you going to find a model article in here?” But I did, and it was an article on Jessica Biel. I talked with Sensei for a bit about how I’d go about this, and after a brief dissection of the article on my part for myself, I went to sleep at 1am. (A disgusting time, but if you think about the caffeine I consumed…)

THURSDAY
I woke up at 8.21, which is a horrible time to wake up. I finished everything I had to do as fast as I could, grabbed my bag, and chionged out of my room to Media and Comm.
I pretty much know what I want to do already for Media and Comm, now what I need to do is throw the keropok in the oil and watch it grow bigger. (Dare I throw the keropok in? The oil is hot and bubbling.) (Oh the metaphors.)
After class I went home, and realised my keys were on the shelf. Hooray. I lost five dollars, because unlocking your room costs that much. =.=
Things were better afterwards because I finished the tutorial worksheet in Maths. We’re starting on Functions now, which by right I’m supposed to know, but the thing is they’ve translated everything into mathematical terms, and it doesn’t make sense anymore. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
I met Feras, Michelle and Ding Zhi for our EAP project today. All of us were late. XD I managed to finish my KFC Snack Box before they got to our meeting place, but when everyone was met, we were surprisingly productive. It was different from what I was used to in Cedar, where we’d talk and laugh for a bit about our daily lives, but nonetheless this was refreshingly efficient. (A little too straight to the point, but it had its good points.) We got things done in about an hour. It was awesome.
After that I went to Safeway and bought white chocolate muesli bars, a couple packs of Tim Tam, apple juice, and two cartons of milk. (At last, apple juice. At last, things I can grab and eat.)
…So that’s my week. Yup.
Oh, and for Amelia…

The overexposed badge is simply a red badge with the kanji "ai" on it, and the word LOVE below.

No comments: