Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Second Child

Don't read too much into the title. It doesn't show up till late in the post.
Saturday was a serious up-and-down day.
At fencing alone there were three matches, which progressed in this way...

Faith VS. Jie Xi: 5 - 0 (Faith wins)
Faith VS. Desiree: 5 - 3 (Faith wins)
Faith VS. Chloe: 2 -5 (Chloe wins)

Then we went for lunch, where I finished another Half Curry Udon and another plate of chicken floss maki and half a plate of soft shell crab maki and concluded, once again, that the chicken floss maki was much better than the soft shell crab maki. As I had done the past two times I was there, that is, my birthday dinner and a fortnight before that.

I handed my Sharingan (don't read too much into this either, it's a small black pouch with a red Mangekyou Sharingan on it) to Yi Yun.
I went back, had some Biology, and went to sleep.
I got up, and Dad asked me to fix his email server on Outlook, and I couldn't do it, and he blew up. (That was, in the first place, the main reason why I switched to hotmail/Gmail.)
I shall not elaborate further. Elaborating further leads to the pulverisation of my digital camera, as performed three years ago and expressed on my very first blog. (http://pelt-of-naraku.blogspot.com/)

[Dad read this part. He hates it because he thinks I must be the only child in the world who argues with her father. He's seen too many smiling happy kids, I tell you.]

I composed a poem.

When Daddy loses his temper,
his eyes grow very wide.
When Daddy loses his temper,
all I want to do is hide.
He starts getting all dramatic,
talking about his dying day.
I wish something would crop up,
and whisk him far away.

Then he drove off in anger. Which I didn't see because I was hiding in my room, and I'd stuck a note outside saying I was in the microwave.

But my dress came.
And then the setting sun shone again with all its beauty,danke Yi Yun and her mummy.
So I'd like to introduce my second dress, in all its maturity. It's much heavier though, and much darker, so I'm happy to have both my first and second dresses (:
Please, the people who *do* read this blog, do give a warm hand to my second dress, whom I haven't really found a name for yet, but know as Number Two, or as expressed in the title, The Second Child.

And that made it all better for me.

No comments: